david_perry wrote:

>I have an IBM 32MB memory stick which I can't get to work on my Redhat
>7.2 box. I've followed Stuart's advice (slug posting 8 Aug 02, IBM
>Linux Roadshow -USB Mem Key works on Linux).  I ran lsmod and confirmed
>that usbcore, usb-hhci, usb_storage, scsi_mod and sd_mod were
>installed.  I had to use insmod to add sg.o
>
>When I try and mount the memory stick I get a message saying
>" mount: /dev/sda1: unknown device "
>
>I don't have any other scsi devices present.  Any pointers what to do
>next?  I'm fairly new at this so it's probably something dead obvious!

Have a look at /var/log/messages to see firstly if the device was
recognised when you plugged it in.
Then have a look at /proc/scsi/scsi and you should see it there.  If it
is there, then you should be able to access it using the normal sd_mod
(upper level driver that sits on top of scsi_mod).  You shouldn't need sg.o

Andy