Hi all,

I recently installed open office (in network mode) and haven't been able
to have it run without crashing X.
I have Star Office 5.2 running on the same system(s), installed in the
same way and they seem to work fine.

After installing on my server on an nfs drive (/nfs/usr) using setup
-net and then doing a local workstation
install as a normal user, I start up open office and the following happens:

a)    The Open Office logo appears
b)    The writer appears and I start typing
c)    At some (random) time while I am typing, my entire X server
crashes and gdm presents me with a new logon screen.

All I am left with is a core dump (around 50 MB) and a relatively boring
message in .xsession-errors that looks as if you'd killed X
yourself.

I've tried this in the following scenarios:
- as root on the server
- as a normal user on the server
- as root on a 'workstation'
- as a normal user on the server

I did notice that clicking the spell checker was a sure way to bring on
an instant crash.

Environment:
- RedHat 7.3 on all machines
- Running XFree86 (version 4)