Hi all,

I have noticed that when KDE starts up the sound system works just fine (When I switch desktops, my machine makes a cute little 'quack' sound).

After some (long) time, it stops and the following messages are sent to .xession-errors:

Unable to open file /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Desktop3.wav

I can:
cat /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Desktop3.wav > /dev/dsp

and I hear the ever familiar 'quack' sound, so the file is definately there and valid.

I have tried restarting the sound server from the KDE control centre, but still no joy.
Logging out of KDE and back in again fixes the problem.

Any ideas?

Andy