On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 04:36:13PM +1100, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:26:24PM +1100, Anthony Wood ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
>wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Many motherboards have IR pins built in, all you need is something to
> > plug into them, I bought an ActiSys IR210 one from www.widget.com.au
> > (now $87), but you have to check whether your motherboard's IR chip is
> > supported by linux.  Easier is an IR dongle which plugs into your
> > serial port, I think ActiSys IR220+ ($99) has its own kernel module
> > in the source.
>
> They only READ, dont they?

No, it syncs with my palm pilot and/or phone as well.  Basically
it's a serial cable without the cable.

> I need to output IR data as well (and btw a data acquistion boad
> has some other nice features as well -> digital I/O).

Well these don't have any features apart from a nice black cable,
black case, black window like every other IR thingo since 1980, 4
little rubber feet and some self-adhesive velcro so you can stick it
where you like.

cheers,
Woody
  _____