Hi Savanna
Very easy to do under linux.  Grab the latest version of cbq.init from
ftp.equinox.gu.net/pub/linux/cbq/ and also a copy of the linux advanced routing
howto from LDP so you understand what the script does. Read the script as it
contains all setup doco (or did at v0.6.2)

Provides excellent control of per workstation BW on a LAN with a big internet pipe.
 Started to use it when we had some filesharing apps cause us problems. Should
see what a fast PC with bearshare installed (or whatever its called) can do to your
internet feed!

The script also supports different rates ect due to time of day (but I havent played
with that).

An example config for one of our workstations  is:-

DEVICE=eth1,10Mbit,1Mbit
RATE=96Kbit
WEIGHT=6Kbit
PRIO=5
RULE=,1.2.3.4

This limits the BW out of the router to IP 1.2.3.4 on the lan attached to eth1 from
any source IP:Port to 96K total.

You can also set limits based on source IP and src:port dest:port if you need to.
An old P90 with ISA NICs was easily able to cope with 10 PC's.

Cheers
-Rod