On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:44:26AM +1100, Kevin Fitzgerald wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am a real newbe and recently set up an IDE CDR/RW using the SCSI
> emulation. The problem I have is that when other users go to burn a CD
> they are asked for the ROOT password. This password is extremely
> dangerous in MY hands so I don't wish to put the world in further danger
> by sharing it with my kids.
>
> Can anybody tell me how to fix this so that anyone can use the burner. I
> can't find anything in the documentation. I am using RH8.

Check the group the specific device is in (ls -l /dev/s*). If you are
luck your distribution would have arranged things so all you have to do
is add people to /etc/group with the same name and it'll work.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never