On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 12:55:52PM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Brad Thomson wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have Bynari's Insight server, connector and LDAP client running
> > in a production environment?
>
> Run the hell away - NOW.  We're migrating back to Exchange from
> InsightConnector because it's so useless - and going after our supplier for
> a refund on the basis of fitness.

Unstable, useless, lack of support... it's gotta make you wonder why they've
bothered!

> > I'm looking to replace a small (50 seat) Exchange server with something on
> > Linux, and would be intrested in hearing from those that have used something
> > other than Bynari for this purpose, too.
>
> Other options that I've found are:
>
> * HP OpenMail

Yup used this before.  I thought it was dead, it'll be interesting see what
Samsung have done with it, when the samsungcontact.com domain actually
resolves.

> * Oracle CollaborationSuite (a new one which hypes as being pretty good).

It does look very nice indeed.  Will definately be evalutating this suite.

> Both of these work with Outlook.
>
> I'm also trying to get info on whether Evolution could be a possibility -
> eihter running direct under windows, or via an X server.

Yep, this is something else we'll need to deal with, as we slowly rid the
organisation of Windows on the desktop.

cheers,

Brad Thomson