On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 11:22, Peter Chubb wrote:

> Ben> On Mon, 03 Mar 2003, Alan L Tyree wrote:
> >> What do emacs users use for mail other than Rmail. I find that I am
> >> spending more and more time in emacs. VM? MH? any other?
>
> Ben> Mutt.
>
> I use VM.  It works very well for small mailboxes; but it slows down a lot
> when your mailbox gets above a few megabytes.
>
> So I use procmail to split mailing lists into separate mailboxes
> before I see them; and a cron job to save mailboxes and bzip them once
> a month.

I use Mutt.  It is very fast, can launch graphical viewers for
attachments etc.

Evolution is OK, especially Vfolders, but I'm using it with IMAP,
which is very slow because I have 1500 messages in my inbox.

Gus uses Wanderlust under emacs, which he found was the only thing which
did Disconnected IMAP well.

cheers,
Woody

--