Hi,

I'm new to this list and I need some help! I just ran grub-install on my
root partition instead of my boot partition and it appears to have wreaked
it. If I run file -s /dev/hda5 I now get 'x86 boot sector' instead of
'ReiserFS V3.6 block...' and I can no longer mount it.
When the machine tries to boot it loads the kernel (from /dev/hda6) but
when it comes to mount the root partition it kernel panics as it cannot
mountthe filesystem.

I know at least some of the data is on the partition (`less /dev/hda5`).
I'm guessing that grub-install has overwritten N number of bytes at the
beginning of the partition but beyond that I'm at a complete loss at what
to do.

Help!

Thanks

rgh