On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:18:29AM +1000, Oscar Plameras wrote:

> You may register it is free.

Yes it costs you no money, but it costs you time, privacy etc.

> You have the choice. So, don't worry too much !

But not an informed choice.  For all we know it could be something
obscure.  Links without comment will have one of four effects on people:

1) Click on the link, register, XYZ is good. (+1 oscar rules)
2) Why is this Oscar guy posting links without commenrts ? (delete, +2 ignore oscar
posts)
3) Click on the link, register, don't care about XYZ (+ 10 ignore oscar posts and/or
flame)
4) See that the link is nytimes, don't bother but find out later that it would have
been nice to know earlier (+1 oscar sux)

It is generally polite to post some sort of summary of the link.

"interesting" is too vague/subjective  a term
"funny" is borderline, but generally OT (off topic) for this list.

e.g. for your article:

Linus leaves Transmeta to work on Kernel Full-Time.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/technology/tech-tech-linux.html

For things like NYtimes it is polite to add (free registration
required yada yada).

Also maybe some/all of the article depending on your
understanding/respect of copyright laws.

cheers,
Woody