Yep I got the Debian 3.0r1 discs from the front of APC Magazine...which is
where I pick up alot of my other disctibutions from.

See I dont normally use Debian, but I thought it was time for a change and
Debian just happened to be on the magazine.

I've configured the apt sources to get from disc 1, 2 and from the Aarnet
mirror, so you think i should scratch disc 2 from the sources list?

I'd do a net install or download the iso's from a debian mirror but i pay
for broadband through the nose.

Thanks heaps for all your help and patience.