Even "man Mail" might help  :)

J/k.

If you are just using straight "mail" or "mailx" the switch you want is '-r
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'
eg.
> mail -r [EMAIL PROTECTED] -s "Greetings" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Unless of course mail is called in a perl script using Net::Mail or
something then there would be a "from" variable.

C.

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.