Surely that fits squarely into the 'irrelevant' pile?

Not so. If the techies gave the talk and allowed questions, I'm sure the
time would be well spend. There are a lot of sluggers in this sort of
space so I'm thinking being shown what has been done commercially and
being able to question technically would be of benefit to them.

Also if you work at a company that could use this sort of solution, it's
going to get Linux in there and other OS' out.

Stu