On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:21:48AM +1100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Yesterday, the IT support people at my work place informed me that my
> local workstation (which is running debian testing/unstable) was
> broadcasting windows Randbot worm throughout the internal network and
> several win2k workstations got infected.

How exactly did they come to this conclusion?  Reading up on the virus
it appears to only run and infect Windows systems ...

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100401

I know corporate IT people are often very quick to blame any sort of
abnormal behaviour on a perfectly fine Linux box, but that seems like
an extreme accusation.

-i