I've been given a couple of Cds from Europe.

They're of radio broadcasts---some introductory chat, an
orchestral performance, more chat, another performance etc.

The performances are good. Shame about the chat.

So I'd like to edit them: save the performances and reburn.

A Cd contains one giant file. I will have to edit this (and
in the process, it would be nice to remove any foot shuffling,
bronchial egoists, etc.)

To do this, Multitool Linux suggested Audacity, although there
seem to be a couple of programmes..

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of task?

Any suggestions/information will be gratefully received.

Regards,

Bill Bennett.