I opened audacity.

I received the following error message.

Pa_SetupDeviceFormat: warning - requested sample rate = 96000 Hz - closest = 46790

This is, I gather, telling me that the "card" that is
currently in the computer can't hack a sample rate of
96000 Hz and that the best it can do is 46790.

So, I have a couple of questions, please:---

1) I'm ripping a CD simply to teach myself audacity, so a
sample rate of 46790 would be OK.

Presumably I have to set audacity to do this. Can anyone
tell me how?

2) I was going to rip the CD via cdparanoia and open it
with audacity. The sampling biz would apply to cdparanoia
also, wouldn't it? If so, how do I adjust cdparanoia?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill Bennett.