From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Kevin Saenz
Sent: Wednesday, 4 August 2004 6:59 AM
To: Simon Males
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Wireless Mandrake

Sorry the card I am using is a Dlink DWL-G650+ it's using an TI chipset.

What wireless card do you have? If its Orinoco/Lucent/Avaya/Agree you need a patched driver or the new drivers*.

*There is a new driver which hasn't reached the kernel 0.15rc2 (current kernels have 0.13e). 0.15rc1 was meant to have monitor mode but it hasn't worked for me, either has rc2.

http://www.nongnu.org/orinoco/

The schmoo site has some info on how to patch 0.13e, but it doesn't work for me. I went out and bought a PrismGT based chipset card, and works fine with kismet, (I bought it thinking it was a prism2 card, wanting to take advantage of the hostap drivers- which also have better WPA support).

http://airsnort.shmoo.com/orinocoinfo.html

Knoppix has the patched driver if you would like to give that a thrash.