* James Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spake thus:
> However, I do remember that IBM had a product called 'ViaVoice'. I don't
> know if it's any good, but there was a linux version of it available at
> some point. The references I can see at suggest that there are RPMs
> available, but they could take a bit of finding. Anyway, it might be
> worth tracking down since it's probably the best linux solution for
> voice recognition stuff.

Not sure about the Linux version - the other versions were proprietarily
licenced (AFAIK), and they were fine... as long as you had a US accent
or something reasonably close.

I remember there was lot of trouble getting it to work for a vietnamese
lady in our group...

unfortunately I don't know much more than that, however...
if you find it's gotten better since then, give us a yell.

Cheers,
Taryn

--
This .sig temporarily out-of-order.