What I have is mythtv running on Mandrake. Reason for this was to get
something off the ground and running quickly. The features I like with
Mythtv is that you have the option to watch TV, store your cds and
dvds to disk to watch/listen at your leisure. Mythtv is also pretty
simple to use, so it makes it kids and wife friendly.  The plugins are
pretty funky. The only thing that I had trouble with was configuring
the channels to download the program guide (Thanks to ben) I was up
and running in no time. What I would like to do is get a digital
satalite capture card so that I can get digital foxtel. So if anyone
knows where I can get a digsat card, I would appreciate the help.

Kevin