James,

Yes, it's failing part-way through the install - always on the first
CD, but never in the same place.

With respect to the CD and drive; this is the first FC2 install I've
done, so it's not the same disks as previously, and this is a new
laptop, so it's not the same drive. I'm going on my previous
experience of FC1, where it really didn't matter what media  and
which of several drives I used: sometimes the installation went very
smoothly, and sometimes not at all. But we were always able to
eventually get it to work with some combination of anaconda
parameters.

On 20 Sep 2004 at 11:19, James Gregory wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 11:02 +1000, Edwin Humphries wrote:
> > You're right about the sources of the CDs, but I know in every
> > previous case with Fedora that the system has installed OK form the
> > "suspect" CDs using the "suspect" drive. It's just that the install
> > command line seems to require tweaking to make it happen.
>
> So the installer is failing part way through? Is it always the same
> place? Do your CDs pass the media check? Was it the same "suspect" "CDs"
> and "suspect" "drive" that it worked OK on with some boot-cmd tweaking?
>
> James.
>
> --
> James Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Regards,