On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:38:11 +1000
Terry Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Alan L Tyree wrote:
> >
> > Some time back I posted a question on conversion of LaTeX to RTF.
>
> umm, latex2rtf exists.

But chokes for any number of reasons. The documentation itself says that
it has problems if there are too many labels - something that inevitably
happens with a heavily edited file if using reftex or some other
software that helps with the insertion of labels.

latex2rtf also bombed out for unknown reasons on the large file although
it worked OK on the smaller test file. It also produced rtf files that
my publisher had trouble reading, although that is not necessarily a
fault in latex2rtf.