Moving the swap onto a seperate hdd by it self should increase
performance... Just a question, do you have high mem support turned on
in your kernel? I remember something about if you have more then 1gb
of ram you should select the 4gb one... Maybe someone can give more
info on this

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:09:02 +1100, Lyle Chapman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone got any ideas on how to speed up a swap space/drive,
>
> I have a 3ghz, 2gb ram, 2gb swap on ata machine running FC3. I create a
> lot of 3d material and run into swap usage with big scenes. This is ok
> but after a while i end up having to restart the machine or turn the
> swap off then on as it becomes extremely slow to do anything and at
> times X will quit or the 3d app I am using.
>
> Would it be feasible to use a SCSI drive and split it up into multiple
> 2gb swap partitions or has anyone got a better suggestion.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lyle Chapman
>
> Pre-Press Supervisor
> Torch Publishing Co.
> 47 Allingham Street, Condell Park 2200, NSW, Australia
> 612 9795 0000
> http://www.torchpublishing.com.au
> --

Menno Schaaf aka ginji