Afternoon and Merry Xmas Sluggers,

Just sent a server up to qld to a CoLo Center with FC2 set up on it.
After powering it up with the new network settings the server is experiencing shocking ping times (in the order of 1000-2000ms even for local traffic).
It was configured as per their instructions on ip's, gateway etc (usual settings) on the main NIC and there is a 2nd NIC which we are using to connect to another server via a crossover cable using 192.168.1.x addresses. The default gateway is set to the correct one on eth1 (real world IP nic).

looking at ifconfig it shows a number of overruns (1600 out of 6000 packets) and 3 dropped packets.

tcpdump shows an abnormally high number of arp requests - lots of other local ip's for the centre but none that the box should care about.

Can anyone suggest anything to check? Trying to rule out misconfiguration before getting them to replace the NIC - there was evidence it had a less than gentle trip up to QLD and it's possible the nic has been damanged. The admin guy had to open the case and reposition the riser card holding the video card and 2nd NIC (the one not working) so it's l ooking that way - just need to know if anyone has any suggestions before we fork out for them to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Paul