Rod Butcher wrote:

I think in a capitalist system, all these leeches are in fact
contributing something, they're filling the user-friendliness niche, i.e. they've turned Linux
from a geek hobby into a system useable by the techophobe public.

Oh yes, they're contributing something to their customers, but they're not actually contributing anything to our community.

Then again, I guess you could say they're reducing the "network effects" of proprietary software, making open source more acceptable, that's definitely something.

Trent