On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:09 am, Nicholas Tomlin wrote:
> James,
>
> Thank you for this.
>
> It isn't my printer, just trying to help a friend who's just made the
> transition from microshite to fedora. I'd done a google but didn't turn
> up this one, must have been on page 10, the last one you'd look at.
>
> I appreciate your time and effort.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick Tomlin

Heheh - always happens like that doesn't it ;)  I'd bookmark that Linux
Printing website if I were you.  I've used it to recommend printers to
other people who needed something new that would work in Linux.  It's also
good to see which manufacturers are supporting F/OSS - if they support the
community, I'll support them with my $$$.  I even "borrowed" an "internet
enabled" lappy at Harvey Norman[1] to double check my Lexmark E232 before
buying it :P

Hope your friend has a lot of success in Linux - if not, there's a heap of
F/OSS available for Win32.  Firefox+Thunderbird+OpenOffice = kick arse :)

Have fun,

James
[1]  Apparently the lappy was supposed to password protected, but my linux
boot floppy soon made light work of their administrator password - heheh
--
Celestial navigation is based on the premise that the Earth is the
centre of the universe.  The premise is wrong, but the navigation