Grant Parnell wrote:

* I want to get more youth involved because a) they have more time to do stuff and b) I like teaching stuff.

Can I just mention another good reason to encourage kids who are interested in programming to start hacking on open source projects:

   kids have a better understanding of "fun"

Maybe I'm just cynical but it always seems that so many hackers these days see "working" on open source as "work". Maybe if we had more kids hacking on open source projects they could remind us of all the joy we get out of it.

Trent