On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:10:34 +1200, Adam Bogacki uttered
> Thanks. I've had a look at '/usr/sbin/syslog-facility' .. the only
> modifiable part is the line
>
> > my $conf_file = '/etc/syslog.conf';
>
> I've unsuccessfully looked for a default version via Google, man page,
> and text ["Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed" (SAMS, 1999)] but without
> something to
> compare it with, I can't see the error.
>
> Also, on checking the output line
>
> > + syslog-facility set info /var/log/ndtpd.log
>
> I find that /var/log/ndtpd.log is empty.
>
> I think I'm missing something here.

The command syslog-facility says the only changeable part is the
$conf_file variable, however, I was suggesting that you insert a
debugging print or two into it, to see why it's dying which should
give you a clue as to what the problem is.

Cheers,
--
                                        Steve
"Why does everyone say 'Relax' when they're about to do something terrible?"