So, the way that we do this, along with a million other suckers running IIS is to use apache and mod_proxy and/or mod_backhand. Our apache server is configured to only serve SSL (i.e. redirects requests to port 80 to 443), and we have a vhost for the site in question, with mod_proxy pushing the URLs off to this other site (which is only available in house).

Cheers,

Matt