The ATI drivers are ok, just a pain to install and get working (same
under windows) NVIDIA have always had much easier drivers (in my
experiance)

This wasn't supposed to become a card brand vs card brand war (i hope
anyway) I've given my suggestion, and the reasons for it, and even
with a binary driver, at least there is a good driver for the card
which you can use to play more complex games or 3d graphics if need
be.

--
Menno Schaaf aka ginji
irc.austnet.org #gentoo #linux-help