I'd been given an Agfa Snapscan 1212 parallel port scanner.

Which the secretary couldn't make work, even under Microsoft.

Which I put to one side, because Agfa, at the time, would not
release anything that would enable a driver to be written.
Apparently Agfa are like that with Linux.

Well, I checked with sane-project.org and, as at 3rd July 2005
it's *still* on the list of unsupported devices.

It goes against my grain to junk what seems to be a perfectly
good ie, as yet unused, device because I can't find a driver
for it.

I know some subscribers to SLUG have Agfa scanners, although
not the parallel port versions.

Has anyone any ideas on how to get some life out of it?

Regards,

Bill Bennett.