I am trying to get Skype to run through artsd and jack so I can pipe it
to an icecast client.

Below is what I got from the guy who wrote the icecast client:

This bit works fine:
jackd -d alsa -r 44100 &  # Or however you normally start it.
# The next line will not work if arts is suspended.  It must be stopped.

However when I try to run this bit:
artsd -F 15 -S 128 -r 44100 -a jack -d &

I get the following error:
Error while initializing the sound driver: unable to select 'jack' style
audio I/O

I'm assuming that artsd needs to have jack support built into it however
it looks like the Ubuntu version doesn't have this. Can someone confirm
this for me, and if it does and I'm just being blinded by lack of sleep,
could you let me know how to get it working correctly.

Thanks
--
James Purser
Chief Talking Guy - Linux Australia Update