Kasim, Yosep wrote:
> Hi all
>

> I am trying to use linux for the first time. I would like to have a
> distro like debian with 14 Cds so I don’t need to go to the internet to
> get the software.
>
> Debian would be suitable but has very old software tend not to be
> updated or too long.

1) lol at address {:-). It is hopefully a start.

2) if you want packages choice, then you need the large number of CD's
(Obviously 1 Cd for ubuntu isn't the same)

3) easiest on bandwidth is just to mail order (or collect ) the cd/dvd
for the latest release of whatever distro you want.

4) As mentiond everythinglinux/elx (google) it and CetusTech(what are
they called now?) is another Sydney supplier(heavy on Suse) who can
supply latest release. Tthere are probably others.

5) caveat, if your boxen(s) are online, then you are going to need to go
to the internet weekly for updates, especially security matters (mine
just finished 55 security updates). Although ELX might still offer the
single latest update CD/dvd.

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}}
   email: terryc at woa.com.au  www: http://www.woa.com.au

 "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
  security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin