Gentoo seems to have a better package system called emerge ;)

The only problem is the cvs server seems to be overloaded. So far I have updated half the packages :(

Michael Lake wrote:

> E is great. I'm running e16 on Apple PowerBook 15" laptop now via the Debian package.
> I tried once to get e17 by compiling the many many e-specific libraries that raster invented.
> Alas it was all too complicated. It may have been easier on an Intel platform.
> I'd like e17 to materialise one day in a form that I can install relatively easily on my PB.

Err, magic script to pull it out of CVS and build it:

     http://www.rasterman.com/files/get_e.sh

It can be a little slow since the CVS server is the one at sf.net.

Erik