On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 04:43:50PM +1300, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:
> Is anyone using a mobile phone for internet access?  Is there a provider that
> is Linux-friendly?  (or OS agnostic, anyway)
>
> I'm moving to Oz soon, and considering this approach.  I'd be interested in
> any experiences, resources, etc.

Costs a fortune.  Coverage isn't bad, but don't expect stellar performance
if you're moving around.  I've got a Vodafone 3G PCMCIA card through work
and it's Linux support is adequate (although documentation is a smidge
scarce).  If you really need mobile internet access, it's not a bad option,
but it doesn't hold a candle to an open access point.  <grin>

- Matt

--
<liw> hut.fi has or used to have two nfs servers not-responding and
still-trying... don't know if their dns server was not-found... 4o4 would be