Howard Lowndes wrote:
> I have inherited one of these without the instruction leaflet.
>
> I've manually arp'd an IP address for it, but even though the lights are
> on, I can't ping it, so it might be DOA or might have a manually set IP.
>
> Does anyone have a copy of the instructions or know the name of the file
> to GET/PUT to configure the beast.

Nope, and at the risk of telling you how to suck eggs {:-).

1a) Search the mac address and see who it is assigned to,
1b) find out what other print servers they made
1c) treat as that file server of that period.

2a) I googled and came up with only one web page that mentioned it
http://www.satotech.com.au/products_networking_print-server.htm

2b) looking at specs, try treating it as Axis 560 or
2c) Intel version thingy <shudder> Net??? (I'll undoubtedly think of
after sending ).

Axis boxen allowed FTP, telnet and web configuration, so you might try
telnet and HTTP as well. Axis had a "config" file that was text which
you ftp/get, edited, ftp/put, reboot.

3) Try connecting with a Novell Netware server.

4) buy a Axis 3 way print server to replace it (or whatever one you like)

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}}
   email: terryc at woa.com.au  www: http://www.woa.com.au

 "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
  security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin