On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:58:00PM +1000, Craige McWhirter wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 17:06 +1000, Matt Palmer wrote:
>
> > The first was incredibly successful
>
> > The third, which was run just a few weeks ago, was apparently
> > a raging success as well
>
> I was at one and three. Both were great. The third one, held a few
> weekends ago, was the best install fest I've ever been part of. Ashley
> and SCLUG [1] are doing great things down there.

NULL pointer dereferencing footnote.  Core dumped.

> While many SCLUG members are involved in SLUG, unfortunately it's a been
> a while (years?) since SLUG has run an install fest. Something to think
> about.

The thing about the SCLUG installfests is that they are very, very targeted
-- everybody gets the same installation (no "hey, what random distribution
do you want on your machine?") for a specific purpose (providing a
lab-equivalent install).  Quite interesting to examine the different purpose
and hence the different outcomes that seem to result.

> --
> "We won't just automatically click our heels and follow the Americans"
> -- John Howard, telling fibs on September 27th, 2002

He wasn't telling fibs -- he doesn't click his heels.

- Matt

--
"All I care about [a linux distro] is it detect my hardware (non-Debian
strengths), and teach me to fish instead of just giving me a smelly old fish