i have a dell 24" here as well, wouldn't trade it in for anything else
(except two of em ;)

never noticed any ghosting on it (both gaming and movies)

It has a menu that lets you select between 5 different inputs (d-sub,
dvi, s-video, composite, component), as well as an option to change
the scaling (scale by aspect ratio, view actual size and stretch)

has picture in picture as well as picture by picture.

native res of 1920x1200

The panel is a samsung one.

On 5/9/06, Jeff Waugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<quote who="Michael (Micksa) Slade">

> - 20"
> - at least 1680x1050 resolution
> - decent response time (I'd say "8ms or less" but I've heard the numbers
> are almost meaningless and it really comes down to seeing-is-believing)
> - DVI and analog VGA inputs
> - a menu thingy that lets you select between DVI and VGA (preferrably
> quickly)
> - a menu option to select the aspect ratio, at least for VGA.

Go up the stack, get a 24" widescreen LCD from Dell. It uses the same panel
as the Apple displays, and you can find 20% discounts if you look at their
product page regularly. I got mine for about $1400 a while back. It's good.
Really good.

- Jeff

   "The most beautiful things about the world are deer and bunnies. Even
   in a carnivorous way I like them, they are my favourite meats. When I
      see them together I feel that is a safe place." - Vincent Gallo

Menno Schaaf aka ginji
irc.austnet.org #gentoo #linux-help