On 11/23/06, param <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have checked the FO:XSL file which is generated by my application. It
seems to have all the formatting tags etc. :-(.

Any error messages during the fop processing? It'd be weird for it to
silently drop formatting.

Fop doesn't implement the fo spec completely, so it might be worth
checking on the fop site whether those tags are implemented in the
version you're using (it definitely should do tables and the basic
types of text formatting that you would want, our files have plenty of
that stuff in them).

If you're using an old version of fop, perhaps look at trying a more
recent version. We found the trunk to be pretty stable, although much
more strict on compliance with the FO spec. It's apache stuff so it's
not too hard to build.

Also, if your solution doesn't have to be native java it might be
worth checking out some of the alternatives described in the thread
linked in my earlier reply, they may give you fewer hassles (can't
comment on the quality of their output in comparison to fop however).

Cheers.....Steve