On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:33:02 +1000
bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't know about 3G or using mobile phone's for Net access, but I too
> had a CDMA phone ( transferred from GSM for better reception 3 years
> ago after moving home)., and none of the following is really relevant
> to the above post.
<SNIP>

> Also, swapped my Mum to Virgin prepaid as she makes only a few
> short
> calls a week, and Telstra have halved their pre-paid periods (
> effectively doubling the price for low-usage customers).

so that it now costs $15/month even if you don't use the damned things
at all! I haven't tried this yet, but it looks very interesting:

http://www.ecomtel.com.au/cgi-bin/go/web?rm=mobile&key=pings

They use the Telstra network. You buy a block of minutes and can share
them over multiple phones anytime for six months.

Cheers (and bugger Telstra),
Alan

> Bill
> >
> > Subject:
> > [SLUG] Bigpond NextG on Linux (Ubuntu)?
> > From:
> > Sonia Hamilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date:
> > Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:21:24 +1000
> > To:
> > slug@slug.org.au
> >
> > To:
> > slug@slug.org.au
> >

> > I've been using Telstra's Maxon CDMA for internet access while on
> > the road - slow, semi-reliable. The Telstra phone bunnies are
> > telling me it's time to upgrade to NextG.
> >
> > I've had a google around on Whirlpool, pulled up this Quozl's guide
> > at [1], which seems to indicate it works; I'm interested in ppl's
> > experiences before I take the plunge and submit myself to the next
> > round of Telstra pain...
> >
> > [1] http://quozl.linux.org.au/bp3-usb/
> >

> --

Tel: +61 2 4782 2670            Mobile: +61 427 486 206
Fax: +61 2 4782 7092            FWD: 615662