On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Sonia Hamilton wrote:
> * On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 06:52:40AM +1000, Robert Thorsby wrote:
> > Up our way (Mid North Coast) the response has been universal --
> > NextG is crap. Most who were coerced by Telstra into "converting"
> > their mobiles are trying to convert back to CDMA. But, since
> > Telstra hasn't listened to customers for three-quarters of a
> > century, they are getting nowhere.
>
> Well, I want it mainly for Sydney use and very occasionally outside
> Sydney (and I could use internet cafes), so I might look at other
> solutions.
>
> Anyone got any thumbs up/down on wireless internet services for Linux
> (eg unwired.com.au, iBurst)?

By far the best value and service stability (compared to unwired) I have
found is with 3. $49.95 for 1GB of downloads on a HDPSA connection.
Good coverage and linux compatible (2.6.19 kernel onwards however
simple patch needed to identify card for previous versions of kernel).
Fast connection, I got over 2MB/s with a broadband test. 3 also gives
the modem away free if you have a 2 year contract or you pay $10 per
month for modem on 1 year contract. I got recommended the service from
a SLUG member.
Regards
--
Joseph Goncalves
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Bender: "Tell the Donbot I'm quitting organized crime. From now on I'll
stick