On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 17:35 +1000, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> However, I've got no sound, and this might be about the dumbest question
> to ask, but do I have to connect the sound output on the capture card to
> the sound on the mobo somewhere (it has integrated sound).  The capture
> card is a plain analogue card (Phillips saa7134).  I was expecting the
> sound to be picked up over the PCI bus.

I've never used the Philips card before, but every analogue card I've
come across came with a short patch cable to link the audio out from the
card to the line in on your sound card.

I'm fairly sure the answer you're looking for is "yes", but if your card
does indeed deliver sound direct, then the driver would have set up new
devices. Might be worth checking syslog and/or dmesg to see what the
driver is doing before getting hold of a cable.

--
Pete