According to teh intarwebs, macboocs are about 5 pounds/2.3Kg; Macbook
Pros are 5.4 pounds/2.45kg (at least, the latest ones are - I think
the prior models were a tad heavier).

Jeff specifically mentioned a Dell D420, which according to
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/92149/dell-latitude-d420.html can have
its weight pushed up as high as 1.7Kg if you add extra batteries.

On 14/09/2007, James Dumay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> They are not heavy.... MacBook Pros are.
>
> On 9/13/07, Jeff Waugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > <quote who="Denis Crowdy">

> > > Me too - mine is a 13" basic white model (Core 2 duo) about a year old
> > > (which is old now I guess...) and have suspend to ram and disk working
> > > under feisty.
> >
> > But they're so heavy! Useful for smacking their owners with, but that's
> > about all. ;-)
> >
> > - Jeff
> >
> > --
> > GNOME Boston Summit 2007
> > http://live.gnome.org/Boston2007
> >
> >    "Maybe you should put some shorts on or something, if you want to keep
> >               fighting evil today." - The Bowler, Mystery Men
> > --

There is nothing more worthy of contempt than a man who quotes himself
- Zhasper, 2004