[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Thursday 27 September 2007 10:00:03 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
man doesn't mention delimiter options, but info does.
looks like I need to get familiar with info
man is easy to use.
info is abominable.

In fact I have done 'info info' more times than 'info any_thing_else'.

Yet another case of 'look how clever I am' (not). One day I will take on making man pages out of info. Meanwhile quite a useable tool is info2html which presents the info stuff as a hyperlinked web page.

I second the recommendation for "pinfo" instead of "info" to read info pages. It is straightforward to use and has an attractive ncurses interface. Much less hassle than converting to HTML.

I have never used info again since someone told me about pinfo.

--Jeremy