On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 14:13 +0900, jam wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 12:00 +1100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >         > >         > I want to bounce mail with evolution (gutsy) as
> >         per
> >         > >         >
> >         http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ResendingMailWithHeaders
> >         > >         >
> >         > >         > Anybody able to offer any help? Please I do NOT
> >         want to
> >         > >         resend, see the link for all the reasons.
> >         > >         > I fear that I'll just have to revert to kmail
> >         complete with
> >         > >         crashes!
> >         > >         > Yes I googled for a couple of hours :-)
> >         > >         > James
> >         > >
> >         > >         That link also tells you how to do it; from the
> >         Message menu,
> >         > >         As... -> Redirect.
> >         >
> >         > No, how evolution once-upon-a-time could do it. Select
> >         "actions" ...
> >         > ooops
> >         > None of the current redirect options 'bounce'
> >
> >         The redirect option from the Forward As submenu sends to new
> >         recipient(s) leaving all headers intact. If that's not the
> >         bounce you're
> >         looking for, what is?
>
> OK I take a mail to me and 'redirect' to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> As Mary, I open the mail which says:
>
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (resent as [EMAIL PROTECTED])
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Wow! bizare!
> Now the same mail form maxine to jam bounced to mary (in kmail, done
> properley)
>
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> THAT's a bounce. jam is not mentioned in mary's mail

I wouldn't call it a bounce if it's rewriting the From: header (although
evolution does add a new Envelope-From: header that things like Outlook
can pick up on).

I just tried the same procedure the guys at
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ResendingMailWithHeaders recommend
for kmail; copy the message to a Sent folder, then select it, go to the
Message menu and Edit as New Message.

That seems to preserve all but the Received (and From) headers from the