Voytek Eymont wrote:
On Sat, November 10, 2007 11:14 am, Scott Ragen wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 10/11/2007 10:47:42 AM:

what's a way out of that ?
Typing 'reset' should correct this.

thanks, Scott, yes, fixed

when I 'man reset', some of the output, specifically quotes around some
words do not print correctly, does that mean I have some wrong terminal
specification somewhere...?

I think that means your terminal (or screen or something) doesn't support Unicode. You can get around this by specifying the environment variable LANG to use an older format. The following should work:
        bash$ LANG=C man screen
or to set it for all future commands
        bash$ export LANG=C
        bash$ man screen

That tells it to use the default "C" locale which is really old-fashioned, but should be compatible with just about anything. (C as in the programming language.)

Hope this helps,
Jeremy Portzer