This one time, at band camp, Robert Thorsby wrote:

> The one I looked at yesterday (Myers, Erina Fair) had the opening
> blocked with a black "plug" that would have taken surgery to remove. I
> very much doubt if there was any connector underneath. If my
> observations are accurate then one would have to "add" the connector,
> an operation that would most certainly void any warranty.

That sounds more like the blocked telephone jack (there's no modem, as
yet, but there is the plug).

The memory cover apparently has a "warranty void if removed" sticker on
it.  The mini-PCIe slots are also under this cover.

(see photo http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/1831834917/)

> I don't recall seeing one but there are all the usual connectors
> (except for miniPCI) and someone in the States has already replaced the
> OS with ?ubuntu, so "docking" could be easily achieved via the LAN
> connection.

No I mean so that you can connect it up with just one movement, rather
than connecting power + monitor + anything else.  It's a pretty standard
thing with laptops, but tends to require a special connector.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because geeks travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "Security experts have been saying for years that the security of
  the Windows family of products is hopelessly inadequate. Now there
  is a rigorous government certification confirming this."
- Dr Jonathan S. Shapiro, http://eros.cs.jhu.edu/~shap/NT-EAL4.html