On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 11:37 +1000, Peter Chubb wrote:
> Sonia> Duh! That should read "delete the mailserver *alias* that
> Sonia> forwards emails to mailman *for that list*, rather than
> Sonia> deleting the list within mailman"
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  Except there aren't any :-)
> My exim4.config has:
>
> mailman_director:
>     driver = accept
>     require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/$local_part/config.pck
>     local_part_suffix_optional
>     local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
>              -confirm+* : -join : -leave : \
>              -owner : -request : -admin
>     transport = mailman_transport

That's because Exim seems to be very sensible (I'm migrating away from
Postfix, to get away from horrors like what Mary is dealing with).

Last time I played with mailman it was on a qmail machine (doubleplus
horror), where multiple .qmail files under /var/qmail/something were
used for each mailman list eg .qmail-foo-join .qmail-foo-admin etc. Ergo
remove them to stop the list working.

--
Thanks,
.