With Xorg 7.3 (as on Hardy) you might find that you are better off
just removing /etc/X11/xorg.conf and letting "bulletproof X" do it's
thing. It will create a new sensible xorg.conf that *should* work.
(You have some crud in the old one that didn't migrate properly)

Failing that, run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and then
"xrandr" (or the screen resolution GUI) to tweak it.

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 11:48 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just recently I upgraded from Feisty to Hardy Heron.
>
> It was suggested that I do this in two stages: first to Gutsy Gibbon and
> thence to Hardy.
>
> I'd upgraded to Gutsy before, but had been so cheesed off with the
> problems that I returned to Feisty. It may have been a grade behind Gutsy,
> but at least it worked.
>
> The first jump, to Gutsy, was completed and I noticed a problem that I
> encountered before with Gutsy. I use a docking station and whilst the
> background filled the Samsung monitor, the rest of the Desktop was the
> same size as the laptop's monitor. I assumed that this would probably be
> one of the problems fixed with the move to Hardy and resolutely pressed
> onward.
>
> The upgrade to Hardy was completed. The monitor problem had changed: now
> there is no picture whatsoever on the Samsung and it is indicating that
> nothing is emanating from the docking station.
>
> So what's gone wrong? I'd appreciate any advice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Bennett.
> --

Regards, Martin