A question for the postfix gurus about moving the queue to another server ...

I'm working on a system with n postfix mailservers behind load balancers. I want to take one of the the servers (say MTA2) off the load balancers for testing a new configuration (there's no test environment - duh!).

I then want to move the existing queue onto another mailserver (MTA1), so that real emails don't get lost. What's the easiest way of doing this?

I was thinking of changing the transport table on MTA2 to point everything at MTA1 and force flushing the queue - sound sane?

% cat '* smtp:[mta1.example.com]' > /etc/postfix/transport

# rebuild map
% postmap dbm:/etc/postfix/transport

% postfix reload

# flush queue