On Sun, Sep 28, 2008, Mary Gardiner wrote:
>     -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes

Posting this for the benefit of search engines rather than the benefit
of Erik, since I just ran into this making some changes to my own mail
server...

If you have a server enforcing TLS, Postfix as a client is normally good
with this setting:

smtp_use_tls = yes

However, if you have transport maps configured (usually in
/etc/postfix/transport), you may get errors like this in your logs:

530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

In this case, you need to set up a /etc/postfix/tls_per_site file to
match your transport file, see "Mandatory TLS encryption" at
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_encrypt

-Mary